THE BETTER CHRISTMAS - 3 STEPS TO STAY IN BALANCE
The winter and Christmas season is the time to enjoy. It brings the most beautiful moments with family and friends, delicious food and a very special atmosphere.
But with the darker, shorter days, colder temperatures and more time indoors come some challenges for both body and mind:
- A lack of exercise and fresh air means fewer happiness hormones are released.
- Vitamin D deficiency can lead to trouble sleeping and poor mood.
- The sugary, fatty diet throws our insulin levels out of balance. This throws our energy levels out of balance.
- We spend less time in nature, eat less fresh fruit and vegetables, which means that our intestinal flora is less exposed to good bacteria.
With these simple tips you can enjoy the festive time to the fullest while keeping your body and mind in balance.
Keep your morning routine consistent
- The first 20-30 minutes without a cell phone - take time for yourself.
- 10 minutes of meditation
- Write your to-do list for the day. This is how you create structure and an overview for a clear mind.
- Stick to a healthy, nutritious breakfast of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. This is how you keep your insulin level balanced and feel energetic.
Find small windows for movement
It is not without reason that many report the good feeling after a workout. The happiness hormone serotonin is released by your body during exercise and improves your mood. A winter walk, a yoga session or a short resistance workout can work wonders.
Enjoy the festive food with little swaps
1. Increase the nutrient content - Focus on adding nutritional ingredients to classic recipes rather than removing components you enjoy.
Maca powder, for example, is ideal for supporting the immune system and brightening your mood. With its soft caramel aroma, it contributes natural sweetness.
With 2-4 capsules of the micronutrient all-round solution 360° before you eat, you cover all the nutrients and can focus on enjoying yourself.
2. Find natural alternatives to refined ingredients:
- Instead of refined sugar, try dates
- Instead of butter, choose mashed avocado or banana
- Replace white flour with oats
→ In this way you increase the fiber content at the same time:
Fiber can help keep your blood sugar levels stable, stimulate digestion, and help you feel fuller. This way you are satisfied faster and reduce cravings.
3. Support your digestion for more energy after heavier meals.
Drink more around meals to stimulate bowel function. High-quality broadband pre- and probiotics such as BIOTIC 20/5 BILLION additionally support your microbiome and thus may promote nutrient absorption and critical processes of the intestine.